Rolex commemorative bracelet, commonly known as five-bead chain. Steel case blue and black circle GMT using the memorial bracelet.
Commemorative bracelet to commemorate Rolex’s 40th anniversary.
Rolex was founded in 1905 by Hans Weisdorf. In 1945, after the end of World War II, Rolex decided to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the brand. To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Rolex has launched a new type of bracelet. This newly designed bracelet is entirely different from Rolex’s previous bracelets. The new bracelet has five links: two large ones are located on the edge of the bracelet, and three small ones are located in the middle of the bracelet. The three tiny links in the middle are polished, and the extensive links on both sides are brushed. The new bracelet is an all-gold bracelet, and for some time, it has been an all-gold bracelet. This bracelet launched in 1945 is the Rolex commemorative bracelet, also commonly known as the “five-bead chain.”
Rolex commemorative bracelet
It can be seen that the Rolex five-bead bracelet is to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the founding of Rolex, so it is officially named the commemorative bracelet. But we can also see some differences between the historical memorial bracelets (five-bead chains) and the current ones. At first, the commemorative watch chain (five-bead chain) was a gold chain, with no gold version and steel version. But this situation changed after a few years. Replica watches swiss.
Rolex Head Bracelet
In 1956 (also known as 1955), Rolex launched the head-shaped bracelet, which is currently used by Rolex DAY DATE. The bracelet has three arc-shaped links, polished in the middle and brushed on both sides. There is only an all-gold version. Before, commemorative bracelets only had gold chains. After the appearance of all-gold head bracelets, the status of Rolex memorial bracelets began to decline, and gold and all-steel commemorative bracelets began to appear. As a result, the head-shaped bracelet has become Rolex’s top bracelet, and the memorial bracelet has become a widely used conventional bracelet.
From top to bottom, Rolex Oyster bracelet, commemorative bracelet, and Head of State bracelet.
The Rolex commemorative bracelet has remained the same appearance since its birth. But in terms of structure and technology, the Rolex memorial bracelet has been upgraded. There are two significant upgrades:
- Upgrade the hollow bracelet to a solid bracelet (all models on sale now are solid). Rolex commemorative bracelets (including Oyster bracelets) have been hollow for a long time. Starting from the Rolex 6-digit model, it has been replaced by a solid bracelet. For example, 6-digit numbers such as 11XXXX, 21XXXX, and 12XXXX are all solid bracelets. In the previous 5-digit numbered tables, such as the 1XXXX table, 16610 was hollow.
The buckle of the old commemorative bracelet is rectangular.
- Replace the buckle. The early Rolex commemorative bracelets used a rectangular buckle with the Rolex crown logo printed on it, and the shape was relatively simple. Later, starting from the 6-digit model (such as 116233, 116234, etc.), it was replaced with a hidden buckle. The buckle only exposed a small crown, which was very nice. After that, starting from the log of the new generation 3235 movement (such as 126333, 126233), it was replaced with an Oyster buckle, unified with sportswear. The hidden clasp is only used on DAY DATE, and the five-bead chain is no longer used.
DJ uses a commemorative bracelet (top), and DD utilizes a head-of-state bracelet (bottom).
What should be noted here is that Rolex uses a hidden clasp, whether it is a commemorative bracelet or a head-of-state bracelet; because the clasp is a small crown, you need to pay more attention when opening the small crown buckle. Because someone accidentally took off the little crown before. If it falls off, you must replace the entire bracelet where the crown is, which is quite expensive.
The small crown on the Rolex hidden watch buckle requires attention to prevent it from being buckled off.
Rolex commemorative bracelets are becoming more and more popular.
In the past two years, the commemorative bracelet (five-bead chain) has been a hot topic for Rolex. The reason is that with the launch of Rolex’sRolex’s new GMT, including steel case five-bead chain with red and blue circles, steel case five-bead chain with blue and black circles, the commemorative bracelet (five-bead chain) has returned to the Rolex sports model (previously it was an antique sports bracelet). Used), and became the main bracelet on Rolex’s new GMT. Richard mille replica.
Use a commemorative bracelet with a steel case five-bead chain with red and blue circles and a five-bead chain with blue and black circles.
According to Rolex’sRolex’s latest plan:
- Rolex GMT will all have two-color bezels and previous models with single-color bezels will be discontinued.
- Rolex GMT will only use steel cases, rose gold, and platinum materials. GMT no longer uses gold material.
- Rolex GMT steel watches will no longer use Oyster bracelets, and steel case GMTs will all use five-bead chains. In the future, Oyster chains will only be used on all-gold and inter-gold GMT.
The blue and red rings of the Oyster bracelet used in the picture above are all white gold.
In other words, in the future, when you see the GMT on a commemorative bracelet (five-bead chain), you will be able to identify it as a steel case GMT at a glance. Whenever you see a GMT Oyster bracelet (here refers to the new two-color circle model, excluding the old discontinued model), it is a model with gold (total gold or intermediate gold). It is essential to note that if you see a GMT that is metallic silver but is an Oyster chain, there is no doubt that this GMT is platinum (this refers to the new two-color circle model, excluding the old discontinued model).
Commemorative bracelet (five-bead chain) with Oyster buckle.
Among the Rolexes currently on sale, DJs have used the commemorative bracelet (five-bead chain), now used by GMT sportswear. It has become a significant identification mark of Rolex GMT. Compared with other brands of famous watches, Rolex has specific rules and particularities in watch inheritance, identification, and combination of various elements. After several ups and downs, the commemorative bracelet has become a vital identification mark and basis for judgment.
Dial Color: Black Dial
Band Length: 20cm
Case Thickness: 15mm
Band Width: 20mm
Series: Gmt Master Ii