Galloping the sky, breaking through the limit
The Air King pays tribute to the pioneers of flight who dare to explore and inspire the wearer to take control of their destiny.
Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King, the newly designed case, is equipped with crown shoulder guards on both sides of the crown, consistent with other professional watches of the brand. The proportions of the Oyster strap have also been readjusted, and the middle link has been widened to make it more eye-catching. The watch’s display has also been entirely new, with the number “0” marked before the “5” minute scale, which is more symmetrical and beautiful. Therefore, new models are marked with two digits for 5-minute intervals. , Rolex swiss replica watches.
The luminous display ensures clear and easy-to-read in dark environments. The hands and the triangular hour marker at noon are coated or filled with a new type of bright material, which can continuously emit intense light. The numerals 3, 6, and 9, which used to be entirely made of 18K white gold, also use this innovative material unique to Rolex, which is legible even in dark environments.
The Air-King has 3230 movements, a leading watchmaking technology that accurately displays hours, minutes, and seconds. Like all Rolex watches, the Oyster Perpetual Air-King is certified by the Superlative Observatory for precision timepieces, ensuring that the eye can perform excellently.
Salute to aviation
The Air-King embodies the unique connection between Rolex and the golden age of aviation in the 1930s and pays tribute to the pilots of the past and the critical position occupied by the Oyster watch in the aviation industry. The 1930s was the golden age of the aviation industry. The aircraft’s performance improved daily, the routes continued to expand, and intercontinental long-distance flights were introduced. Many pilots wore Oyster watches when setting flight records. Some pilots use Rolex watches as onboard precision timepieces. For example, Owen Cathcart-Jones and Ken Waller flew a twin-engine De Havilland Comet in 1934 to travel between London, England, and Melbourne, Australia, with the shortest flight time. Set a record.
Since its launch in 1958, the dial of the Air-King has been engraved with the words “Air-King,” making this watch easily recognizable. The green second hand subtly echoes the brand’s logo color.
Oyster case, a symbol of water resistance
Guaranteed water-resistant to a depth of 100 meters (330 feet), the 40mm Oyster case of the Air-King is a paragon of robustness and reliability. The middle case is made of a solid piece of Oystersteel, which is challenging to corrode. Rolex watchmakers tighten the finely grooved bottom cover with brand-specific special tools to seal the case, so only Rolex watchmakers can access the movement. The double-buckle winding crown has a double waterproof system firmly screwed to the point. Crown shoulders are integrated into the middle case to protect the winding crown. The mirror surface is made of anti-reflective sapphire crystal, which is hard to scratch. The waterproof Oyster case of the watch provides the best protection for movement. Replica watches for sale.
Caliber 3230 Perpetual movement
The Air-King is equipped with Caliber 3230, launched in 2020, entirely developed and manufactured by Rolex, and will be included in this series of watches in 2022. The self-winding movement equipped with it has obtained several patents, fully embodying Rolex’s innovative and excellent watchmaking technology. It has further improved accuracy and reliability, power reserve, shock resistance, anti-magnetic and convenient use. Perfection.
The 3230 movements are equipped with the Rolex patented Chronergy escapement system, which is efficient and reliable. Made of nickel-phosphorus, the escapement is immune to magnetic fields. The movement is equipped with Rolex’s patented blue Parachrom hairspring, made of a unique paramagnetic alloy cast by Rolex. The balance spring assembly of the action is fitted with the high-performance Paraflex shock absorber designed and patented by Rolex to improve the shock resistance of the movement.
The 3230-caliber movement has a perpetual self-winding component, and an eternal oscillating weight winds the action. The barrel’s structure and the escapement system’s excellent efficiency increase the power reserve of the 3230 movements to approximately 70 hours.
Oyster bracelet and Oyster safety clasp
The new generation Skymaster is paired with an Oyster bracelet.
The Oyster strap of the watch is equipped with a folding Oyster safety clasp designed and patented by Rolex to prevent the buckle from being accidentally opened. Concealed lugs ensure a visually seamless connection between the belt and case.
Superlative Chronometer Certification
Like all Rolex watches, the Oyster Perpetual Air-King has also received the Superlative Observatory certification established by Rolex in 2015. In addition, the movements of these watches are also certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Center (COSC). The look is tested after it is assembled, and the action is installed in the case to ensure that the watch can perform excellently in precision, power reserve, waterproof and automatic winding when worn. The accuracy pursued by Rolex is much higher than the standard of precision timepieces certified by the Swiss Official Observatory.
The green seal symbolizes the precision timepiece of the Superlative Observatory. This seal accompanies every Rolex watch and comes with a five-year global warranty.
- Case model: 126900
- Strap model: 78JB20 Oyster
- Category: Oyster Perpetual Professional
- Certification: Superlative Chronometer (Swiss Observatory certification (COSC) + Rolex certification, after the movement is installed in the case) global five-year warranty guarantee
- Oyster case (one-piece middle case, screw-down case back, and winding crown)
- Safety features: crown shoulders integrated into the moderate case
- Diameter: 40mm
- Material: Oystersteel
- Medium point: Oystersteel, satin-brushed, polished edges
- Bezel: Oystersteel, polished
- Case back: Oystersteel, solid, screwed, finely grooved
- Winding crown: Oystersteel, screw-in, double buckle lock, dual waterproof system
- Mirror: Scratch-resistant and anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Water resistance: 100 meters (330 feet)
- Rolex Caliber 3230
- Mechanical movement, two-way automatic winding with a perpetual oscillating weight
- Accuracy: within plus or minus two seconds per day (after the movement is installed in the case)
- Functions: central hours, minutes, and seconds; second stop function for accurate time adjustment
- Balance with sprung assembly: Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz); paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring; Rolex closing ring; balance wheel with extra large inertia micro-adjustment; four gold fine-tuning nuts for precise time adjustment; balance bridge; High-performance Paraflex cushioning
- Escapement: High-performance Chronergy escapement; paramagnetic nickel-phosphorous alloy pallet fork and escape wheel
- Gems: 31 Rubies
- Power reserve: approx. 70 hours
Black lacquer; 18K white gold numerals 3, 6, 9 with easy-read Chromalight (permanent blue light); white pad-printed minute numerals; 18K white gold triangular hour markers at noon with easy-read Chromalight (endless blue light); 18K white gold hands, green lacquered second hand, easy-to-read Chromalight (constant blue light)
- Oyster, three solid links
- Oystersteel, satin-brushed, polished edges
- Folding Oyster safety clasp
- Easy-adjust links (approx. 5mm)
Case Color: Silver-tone
Dial Color: Black Dial